Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Al Raqessa Walteneen*

So this week wasn't any easier than the one before it. TA-DA! but I managed to squint my eyes and smile through this one. If you know me, you'd know that I have two smiles. My smile, the normal one, the one you'd see in pictures. And the smile I have on my face when Im greeting someone I don't know or dont like. I squint my eyes and I have a little too much tooth exposure and my chin points out like an arrow. so in case you're wondering (you're probably not wondering, I know), this week seemed more like a year, and everyday I had more ups and downs than usual. I laughed alot, but I did more of my squinty smile than I usually do in a month.

Why is it so hard to believe that when I'm writing, and someone calls, it really is worth rejecting the phone call? And it's funny how many high fives I ignored from my brother, and consequently he can't help himslef everytime he notices I'm writing. The second I start writing he decides to either tickle me or ask me to make him hot chocolate or sometimes just placing his head on my shoulder and pretending to read aloud what I'm writing. And most of the time what I'm writing isn't private, but seriously, I can't think of a distraction worse than the head on shoulder thing.

Ive been wondering for the last couple of days if I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy appreciating the same things that others enjoy appreciating. Like the smell of coffee in the morning, I think it's amazing, yet I hate to state that because it's stated in like most movies, and everyone says it all the time. I'd rather go on and on about why I think rats and mice are cute, than saying I think puppies are lovable. puppies are adorable, fine I get it. Move on. Why does this paragraph remind me of Omar Abhar??

Speaking of Omar Abhar, we had a little incident when we went to the book fair. The day was bumpy and everyone was all over the place and my temper was out of control. And though normally a day like that would "Yefselny" from Omar abhar and any other person that was within a 10 K.M radius from where I was standing. For some reason, I'm a bigger Omar Abhar fan now than I was before that day.

so now that I'm here, I just have to Comment on our beloved brothers, Arar sandod, Abo El leef, and Ahmed spider. If you're not familiar with them, you're missing out. Seriously. You're missing out on the concept of stripping yourself of any values, or self respect or simply a freaking brain. These people, as irritating and rediculous as they are, I respect them. Not because they're "talent" is respectable, oh god no. But because they had the courage to make complete fools out of themselves and they still choose to appear in public. Seriously, how is it possible to not admire Arar sandod's perseverence, this whole thing started last valentine's day, And I don't think a soul in egypt has been cussed at more than Arar Sandod. And he's actually back for more this valentine's day. It just triggers thoughts like.. If only that kind of spirit was placed into something more useful for himself and the people around him. Let's assume these people do this for the attention, is it his fault or ours that we'll pay more attention to an idiot that thinks he's talented and is actually barely even human than we'd pay to someone and came out and said "Hey, I want to make this world a better place". It's actually our fault. So when someone like Abo el leef comes out and sings the "inspiring" words:
"Bet7ebeny, laa ashokk.
Meen dol elli 3al "fesbok",
 law mashelteesh el 3yal di, 3alek hassokk.
wana, ana mesh 5orong, la laa laaa ana king kong,
dana wana rabet eedy bal3ab Ping Pong.
Mesh ebn hanem wala ebn lord, etfadaly haty el "bass bort",
 dana aragoz metrabby fi serk, mesh 3ayel kawerk."

We can't really blame him, can we? some argue that the attention we give to these people is negative, so it isn't our fault. Actually, All they want is attention, they don't care whether it's negative or positive. They just want to be seen. They want to feel like they exist. It's intoxicating and I don't think it's fair to blame them. People have been asking me I have Arar sandod and Ahmed spider on my facebook contact list. And well, if Abo El leef had a profile I would've added him too, but sadly he doesnt.
It could be hard for people to understand, but I had to see the "normal" side of them. And I should have you know that these people are human on some level. they have lives, they wake up in the morning, they spend time with their families and the go to sleep at night. just like the rest of us. Arar sandod, actually has fans. And he has friends who happen to support him like crazy. And when you talk to him, if you didn't know that this person is THE arar sandod, you'd actually think he's a normal egyptian guy. Incase you have no Idea who Arar sandod is, here are three links to three out of 7 of his videos, I wouldn't advise you to read the comments though, they contain some serious prfanities.
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn4vtt5NnGA&feature=channel
2) (My personal favorite =D) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpiTrhPWT8&feature=channel
3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03pMOn-LSRc

Enough from me today. And certainly enough about the people who have dragged art to hell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment