Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Set Back

David And Goliath.
why do I know nothing of that story? I have never heard anything about it before. I keep hearing people referring to it and all I know is that Goliath was a giant. Wasn't he? I should read more. I mean, I read. But I read fiction, and I read more than most people I know. Wait no, Yasmine Fayez reads more than ANYONE I know. what was my point? ah, I need to read more. I've missed out on too many "Everyone knows that" things. But I have to admit that I know about western culture and history double what I know about Egyptian culture and history. And probably ten times what I know about Arabic Culture and history.



Before I forget, I need to say something. The one thing that upsets Nancy Agram is when she opens the refrigerator and doesn't find yogurt. Lactel Marketing Manager, please get hit by a bus.



I know why I haven't been writing and it's not because I'm busy. I haven't been writing because the moment I start pulling open the drawers of my mind, stuff starts bursting out of locked closets and it takes days, if not months to fold everything up and put it back in. Even when I do manage to do that, in this case, everyone has already seen the piles bursting out onto the floor.



I am at a point where I am doubting everything I have ever concluded. Most of the things I worked to make peace with are acting up again and I don't have it in me to remember how I even started taming it all. I know too little of this world to start releasing words of wisdom, I understand nothing and I know that no one else does. What really scares me, is the existence of humans that walk around this world with no intention of attempting to understand it. If they don't ask questions then what do they do?



At least those teenage girls that write article after article about the boys they love, once loved, or will love, are thinking about something. As much as I'm tired of reading the same words rephrased by a hundreds of girls, and sometimes boys, over and over again, I am glad they are thinking about something.



I've figured out that I'm not strong and I never have been. I am stronger than weak, I know that much. But that's as far as it goes. I do what I have to do to survive. And I do what I have to do to keep myself thinking, to keep myself asking questions, and to keep myself alive.



"I’ve taken the same ride too many times.



I could fall asleep in the loop.
I know the clowns wipe the fake, makeup smiles off their faces once the show is done.
I know the lions sleep in cages at night.
I know the tightrope walkers have blisters on their feet.
I know the ringmaster doesn’t believe in what he yells to the crowd anymore.
I know the strongman, isn’t as strong as he once was.
I know the candy floss has always been, just sugar and air." - Iain Thomas - The Circus is Cheaper When It Rains.
http://www.iwrotethisforyou.me/2010/10/circus-is-cheaper-when-it-rains-music.html

I am no longer afraid of quoting someone else. We are all very little people, with our eyes fixed on the rear view mirror. And we know nothing of importance. We know nothing.

Do you know who you're talking to? No, you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment