Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Watch Her Run

I have always been fascinated by the concept of running away, it has moved me and shattered me on so many different levels. It has always made me feel like I'm such a big part of it, that sometimes we can't even be told apart. Now the thing is, there are very few situations where I actually did manage to run away. But still, the concept itself seems like something that I would do. And I don't even know what it is I'd like to run away from. But there's something excessively beautiful and brave about such an act of cowardice.

But I don't respect it. It's beautiful, but it can never do any good. Can it? I get so confused sometimes about things like this.

Kings of Leon, Pyro. I never knew a fist fight could be described in a way that would make it sound brilliant. It's brilliant in it's weakness and it's insecurity. It's brilliant in how human it actually is, to let go of all restraints and just let your weakness drive your body into a fit of insanity. There it is, right there, nothing but the need to be seen, splashed and splattered into words. And it's beautiful. I never thought I'd ever want to witness a physical fight as much as I do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment